Monday, March 21, 2016

Static Waves


I picture myself on the sidelines. 
People pass, but no one tells me what piece fell apart first.
And here you are, although you glance around.
The lines around your mouth say more than you could.  
It seems that I've stared at your face too long,
I didn't know what to look for when you stopped caring.  
And of course it isn't easy to love you,
to watch you walk away with your eyes. 
But it was my decision to watch you fall out of love with me.  
So, keep posting your poetic tribute to the girl with silver hair.
She seems to be what you wanted, even though I thought I was.
  I almost dyed my hair silver.
But I can't be another delay in the evolutionary process called 'love'. 
Because even though I said I wanted you to be happy with someone else,
I really wanted you to be miserable with me. 
I wanted you to be with me.





1 comment:

  1. Because even though I said I wanted you to be happy with someone else,
    I really wanted you to be miserable with me.

    ReplyDelete