Sunday, August 9, 2015

What Am I?

I am many things.  

I am ignorant.  I am naive.  I am insightful and sensitive.  I'm morbid and terrible.  I'm beautiful and sinister and messy and a handful.  I'm a girl and an adult and color blind and sorry.  I'm jealous and forgiving and believable and homesick.
  
I guess I thought when I told you I was leaving that I wasn't contributing to my own disappearance.  I thought when I said that maybe it was my fault that I hadn't started it in the first place. 

We can point fingers and scribble names.  We can abdicate ourselves to the finest form of confinement and say that we are free.  We can tell each other that no matter the amount of miles between just the 'I' and the 'U', that I'll be closer to you than the original years.  

I am many things. 

To YOU, I am many things. 

I am a liar.  I am your closest friend.  I am a song writer and blog idiot. I am annoying and obsessive.  I'm so kind and so manipulative.  I am the only one who gets you and the one that you wish would leave sooner than I already am.

We can say goodbye a thousand times and never remember our hello's.  We can laugh for our tears and consider the times that we felt that nothing would come between us.  

I am many things.  

To YOU, I am many things.  

But if there is one thing I am not, it is sure. 




4 comments:

  1. I am a liar. I am your closest friend. I am a song writer and blog idiot. I am annoying and obsessive. I'm so kind and so manipulative. I am the only one who gets you and the one that you wish would leave sooner than I already am.

    This is so real. And I freaking love it.

    Good luck, girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm a girl and an adult and color blind and sorry"

    So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm a girl and an adult and color blind and sorry"

    So good.

    ReplyDelete