Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dull The Sky, Dear City?

I don't get nights like these very often.
The kind of nights where you forget the world around you.
The kind of nights where you see something other than the way you felt.
I didn't realize I liked him until tonight.
I thought maybe we would be friends, but it turns out when you're afraid and when you grasp a hand in your own, feelings ensue.
I thought he might taste like vanilla coffee and his laugh would sound like the way I cried during the show, but in a wonderful way.
I thought that it is God's way of punishing me;
I've been in the state called "Heart Break" for far too long,
and the moment it fades, He'll set the stage for "Moving Away."
But it was a beautiful night.  And I felt my heart beating again.
The last few months, I'd been wondering if I was still alive.
So, I guess God is showing me that I'm still here.
And although it may be offensive to be called 'worldly'
or 'earthy', I've found that I've been closer to a boy considered both.
And the further from God I become, the more I miss Him,
But God, I think you'd like him.
He is remarkable.
He makes me feel like I can be myself.
This boy makes me feel like I can walk through the canyon at night and count the stars in not-so-dark sky because the city lights are bright after all.

 This 
Vs. 
This

No comments:

Post a Comment