Sunday, March 22, 2015

Thinker of Thinking Thoughts

I think all day long and into the night.  My dreams terrify me.  My stepmom pretends to be a Dream 
Interpreter.  We call her the DreamWeaver.
  
I thought up a sentence, regarding a has-been love.  "You can't be 'in' anything if it is only one sided.
So when I said 'I'm in love with you', I must not have meant it."  

I thought of the dirt that once was a tree I climbed.  A god of the land decided that paper green was
better than shrubbery green.  There goes my childhood, in a blink of a tractors wheel.

I thought of how I want a world of a novel, much different, much more painful than the one I am
 living because it has a something-like love in it.

I thought of the way that I am and how I'm not sure I'm ok with all the past colored on my face like
too much makeup.  
I thought of the way that pressing the keys on a keyboard was a little similar to that of gunshots.
Words are damage too.

I thought that maybe there was something wrong with me, but when they asked me what, 
 I replied, "I don't know." 
I know that was a lie.  
  


 

4 comments:

  1. "because it has a something-like love in it."
    I liked that whole paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm not sure I'm ok with all the past colored on my face." Ok this line was incredible. and i understand what you mean completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not sure I'm ok with all the past colored on my face like too much makeup."
    yesyesyesyesyesyesyes
    this was an incredible post

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You can't be 'in' anything if it is only one sided. So when I said 'I'm in love with you', I must not have meant it." OH MY HELL. And that part about the past colored on your face, and the last part about typing and gunshots and words are damage too. WHO ARE YOU. holy heck (sorry I swore earlier, it was just the only thing that felt right) This was so. good.

    ReplyDelete