Saturday, January 31, 2015

These Shoes

These shoes I am in
Show the places I’ve been
In nothing but black and white.
I remember a time
Filled with roadsigns and winds
And the mountains near out of sight. 

I wore them by chance
I could teach, play and dance
And sing their favorite songs.
I wore them to see
Many towns and cities
Where the drives were oh so long.

I wore them on planes
On cars, buses and trains
To return back to my home.
I shook and I cried
When they were washed and dried
With the rips all stitched and sewn.

Back in the past
The day went by too fast
And we drove into the night.
I climbed up the rubble
Knowing I was in trouble
Without a hint of spite.  

I was in love
While the moon shone above
And he said he loved me too.
The sparks how they burned
And the music it turned
I knew it would end too soon. 

These shoes I am in
Are pure black with white trim
They’ve kept me on track.
I’ve walked away
As I wished I could stay
I guess there’s no going back. 



3 comments:

  1. This girl in my creative writing 2 class had an idea for a prompt about shoes. I think this is what she had in mind.

    ReplyDelete